Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Taking the Easy Way (Grapefruit Walnut Salad)

I love magazines and cookbooks.  When I am starting to feel stressed and freaked out, I almost compulsively buy magazines at the grocery store.  They represent leisure for me, in a big, big way.

April is one of the busiest months of the year where I work, so of course, I bought 2 cooking magazines that I barely had time to read and didn't get around to cooking anything out of them until, well, May.  (Hi May!  Nice to see you!)



I bought a copy of Cooking Light this month. Their version of this recipe looks much prettier than mine, and was probably tastier, because I totally cheated.  I am not complaining, it was pretty tasty.  

Here is my cheater version.  It only really serves 2.

Grapefruit Walnut Salad

  • 1/2 ruby red grapefruit
  • 2 cups of roughly chopped butter lettuce 
  • 2 tablespoons walnuts 
  • 1/4 cup feta cheese
  • A drizzle of olive oil
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
Slice the peel and pith from the grapefruit.  I sliced a few sections out of it and pulled the membrane off by hand.  It was not super pretty, but it was tasty enough for me. 

Arrange the chopped lettuce on a platter and place the grapefruit sections around the plate. 

Sprinkle on the walnuts and crumble the feta cheese over the top.

I did not bother to make dressing.  I squeezed some of the remaining grapefruit over top, drizzled on some olive oil, and then salt & pepper to taste.  



0 comments:

Post a Comment